Tuesday 20 May 2014

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Hey guys and dolls,

The title of this post makes me wanna breakout into song and sing the classic by David Bowie.

As you can guess a change is a coming to Sonya Loves Makeup again. Not a big change, so don't worry.


Some people say change isn't necessarily a good thing, and they're right...sometimes. But change is what keeps things interesting.

I found that the schedule I've been sticking to with the Makeup Monday, midweek mani and fashion Friday have gotten a bit boring. Sometimes I’d want to post some fashion things on say a Tuesday but felt I needed to wait until Friday to go along with the schedule. Also when posting I'd have items that didn't necessarily fit into the 3 categories I had set out. So I think I’m gonna enjoy going back to the good old days of posting what I wanted when I want. So to break up the monotony I've decided to nix that idea. And go back to posting like I used to. I will still post regularly like I have been but not on the same schedule. I'm not saying that there won't be the old schedule up in the mix, but it's not a set in stone thing anymore. I like the idea of having my spontaneity back.

I've started posting make up looks again. And I’m finally gonna get on with the makeup series' I mentioned near the beginning of the year in this post. I've been slowly building up my confidence with posting my make up on the Internet, because the Internet is a scary judgemental place. I thought mentioning the make up series was gonna give me the push to do it. It didn't. I had to get there in my own time which I finally have.

I wanted to address some things I've been feeling. I found myself becoming really stressed and taking blogging way too seriously. And when I started this blog nearly 4 years ago it was just a fun hobby, but I ended up putting too much pressure on myself to be perfect, always uploading content, comparing myself to the more well known bloggers and the amount of followers I had. I'm trying to get the fun back. And get back to why I originally started this blog, to share my passions and interests.

I used to have 3 blogs. One of them is a cooking blog and one was a personal blog which I have since deleted. I felt for me, it was a tad unnecessary to have 3 blogs. Because the things I was writing about could have a home here on this blog.

Some new things that are gonna be occurring are:
  1. Weight loss - at some point.
  2. Music
  3. Some things I get up to in my life

I hope you guys are all well and are looking forward to the change up :)

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment