Thursday 17 January 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! (I know I'm a little late)

Hey dolls,

How are you all? I'm very late getting my first post of 2013 up. That feels so strange to say, 2013. 2012 went so quick.I hope your new year has started off well. So far mine has been quite good to me. I also hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas.

So I've been slightly quiet on the blogging front for a while but I'm back now and I have a few posts coming up, so keep a look out.

I'm gonna start off with a DVD haul (you all know how I love my movies). These are DVDs I got over my birthday and Christmas.


 
 Sabrina the teenage witch (complete collection)
This was a birthday present from my mum and dad (plus money)
This was one of my favourite shows when I was growing up. I always wanted magical powers lol.

 The Only Way is Essex (complete series so far)
This was one of my birthday presents from my sister.

Now for those of you who don't live in England, this is one of our reality TV shows kinda like The Hills but not as dramatic.Its car crash TV but I LOVE IT.

 Nanny McPhee and the big bang
I haven't actually watched this yet.
Night at the museum 1 and 2
 Did any of you when you were kids ever wonder if things came to life after you went to sleep? Well I did  (I was a child its allowed haha). That's the main reason I like this film.

 Arthur
Whenever I have watched Russell Brand I have always been in stitches (except for get him to the Greek). From the trailer I thought this was gonna be no different, but OH MY GOSH! It had a few moments where I may have laughed out loud but it really wasn't good.
Hall Pass 
 I haven't watched this yet either.

 Cinderella
I don't really think this needs anything to be said about it. One of my favourite Disney film when I was growing up. Classic fairytale :)

 Think Like a Man
This film is frickin jokes but besides it being funny I loved the interlocking story lines and the male and female perspective. Black comedies never fail me.

 Made In Chelsea (Series 1-3)
This was a birthday present from my sister.
Another one of my favourite British reality shows. Again car crash TV but you just cant look away. Good entertainment.

 2 Broke Girls
I knew from the trailers that this show was gonna become one of my favourites. It is so funny and I love all the characters and it contains one of my favourite things...CUPCAKES!

 Four Christmases
This is not one of my favourite Christmas films, its has a couple moments where I may let out a chuckle but its not the first on my Christmas movie lists.
All I want for Christmas
Haven't watched this yet. I kinda bought it on a whim.

Titanic
Classic love story. Brilliant film, I still cry every time I watch it.

 Buffy the Vampire Slayer
BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!! Vampires, werewolves, the supernatural, witches, slayers, creatures, monsters, a bad ass lead female and her sidekicks. 

 Fred Claus
I haven't finished watching it but what I have seen wasn't too bad, I like that that they are in the north pole. 
Jingle All the Way
I haven't watched this film in so long. But when I was younger I watched it loads. Its kinda funny, but its more stupid but still entertaining (if that makes sense haha)
The Grinch
The first time I watched this movie was last year, Id never been interested before but I fell in love with it. Ive always been a big fan of Jim Carrey and this film hasn't changed that.

 LOL
Typical teen, coming of age film. I like Miley Cyrus and Demi Moore but I didn't like this film so much. It was pretty standard, nothing really stood out. 

 Gossip Girl Season 4
If you've never watched Gossip Girl I suggest you go out and pick up the first 5 seasons (Season 6 is not available til next month). Its such a great show. Living vicariously through all the upper east side kids and seeing how the other half live.Very entertaining.

 Cool Runnings
This film gets a lot of stick but I really like it. The only thing I can complain about is as a jamaican the accents offend me oh so much.

Narnia the voyage of the dawn treader
I love the Narnia films. This was my least favourite but it was still OK viewing. The cousin who gets dragged along on their voyage is the MOST ANNOYING characters EVER!

The Amazing Spiderman
Spiderman was not worth the money I spent on it.This film just dragged for so long. It only got 40% interesting in the last half hour of the film. I should've waited for it to come on TV and not wasted my money. The original Toby Maguire one is better because it was action packed. I like the perspective of this film of Peter Parker in high school and his relationship with Gwen but it just dragged. It was a bit of a let down.

Now this was a just a little post to ease e into blogging again, I feel a bit like a novice again cos I haven't blogged for so long. So Like I said before I will have some beauty related hauls coming soon.

Question:
When I do DVD hauls would you like mini reviews with ratings or you happy with how I do it now?

Hope everyone is having a good week.



S xxxx

*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post* 

No comments:

Post a Comment