Monday 21 September 2015

Afternoon Tea - Grosvenor House, Park Lane

Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane,
Afternoon Tea @ Grosvenor House

I have always wanted to go to Afternoon Tea, it just seemed like such a fun girly day out. I  have slowly been compiling a list of things I would like to do, such as places to visit and activities to try etc. Afternoon Tea was one of the items on my list.

My sister found a deal on Book Table. The deal was for Afternoon Tea and unlimited champagne...yes you read that right unlimited.

Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel - Mayfair
Park Lane
London
W1K 7TN

Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane,
It was a pretty swanky hotel.

Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane, pianist,
As you walk in there is a pianist entertaining guests. She was very talented.


Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane,
The table had a cute little set up.
Each space had a cup and saucer with a strainer, cutlery, plates, and napkin.
My only complaint about the seating arrangements was the chairs. You couldn't really sit up close to the table, as it was low to the ground. I would have preferred to be sat at a proper table like some of the other patrons.


Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane, table setup
The crockery was made of bone china...the good stuff. My mum now wants to go out and get real china cups for our home. I actually have a tea set already from Avon which I absolutely love.


Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane,

Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane, menu
They came over and gave us our menu to select the tea we wanted. I was boring and went with English Breakfast tea, which was actually quite nice, considering I am not a a big tea drinker.

The waiter so kindly came around and placed our napkins over our laps. I did my own cos I found that kinda weird.

Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane, champagne
Unlimited Champs.
I only had one glass, as I am not much for the alcohol. So I substituted it for a pineapple juice.


Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane, amuse bouche
We started off with an amuse-bouche to cleanse the palette.  It was made up of pineapple, melon and mango. It was really refreshing.


Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane, english breakfast tea,Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane, english breakfast tea 
The tea was proper leaf tea hence the strainer...no bags around here.


Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane, Finger sandwiches, pastries, cakesAfternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane, finger sandwiches
They had an assortment of cakes, pastries and finger sandwiches.

Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane, finger sandwiches, pastry, dessert,
The finger sandwiches were really nice, although some were not to my taste.
They had the quintessential flavours, smoked salmon, cucumber, egg mayonnaise (a tad bit bland), beef and prawn (these were not to my taste at all).

But they did this amazing smoked chicken that was to die for. we had quite a few of them.


Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane, pastry,
These were 2 of my favourite pastries. The pastry to the left was a sort of mini lemon meringue and on the right was a strawberry tart with pastry cream on the inside. Not pictured was my favourite of all the desserts, a mini carrot cake which was divine.


Afternoon Tea, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriot Hotel, Mayfair, Park Lane, Scones
Plain and Raisin Buttermilk Scones
These were still warm from the oven when they arrived at the table. They were so delicious. And I'm glad they had plain and raisin scones as I absolutely loathe raisins.

The scones came with a selection of jams (strawberry, raspberry, gooseberry, blackcurrant, rhubarb and ginger) and Devonshire Clotted Cream.

It was all so lovely tasty. The staff were friendly and attentive, constantly topping up our tea pots and champagne. We all had such a wonderful time and will definitely be doing Afternoon Tea again.

The weather was perfect and a great day to go into central London. And because the weather was so good we went to Hyde Park and took some family photos.


Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment