Monday 14 September 2015

Big Moe's Diner

Big Moe's Diner, 50s, American Diner,
Big Moe's Diner
I love America, it's one of my favourite places to visit, and they do some of the best food. I'd seen a sign for Big Moe's Diner and was eager to try it out. So when I realised that my cinema of choice (Showcase) is located in the same Leisure Park as the 50s style American Diner, I was very excited.

Big Moe's Diner, 50s, American Diner,
Classic 50s vintage vehicles outside of the restaurant.

Big Moe's Diner, 50s, American Diner,
They have traditional booths as well.

Big Moe's Diner, 50s, American Diner, coca colaBig Moe's Diner, 50s, American Diner, bubblegum milkshake
Coca Cola (no change there) - £1.95
Bubblegum Milkshake - £3.55
 This was the highlight of the whole meal, it was so delicious. I'm may be salivating as I write this. 

It was thick, creamy, flavoursome and lush...the perfect milkshake consistency!

Big Moe's Diner, 50s, American Diner, Big Moe's Platter,
Big Moe's Platter - £14.95
 None of us could decide on a starter so went for the shared platter. It came with BBQ wings, garlic bread with cheese , potato skins with cheese crispy mozzarella dippers and onion rings served with a selection of Big Moe’s sauces: chilli relish, sour cream and chive sauce.

The wings, garlic bread, onion rings and mozzarella dippers were good. But the potato skins were terrible, they were under cooked and came with mushrooms which I hate, also if you see from the image the last potato skin has barely anything in it.

The sour cream and chive sauce was lovely but the other 2 sauces were not to my taste at all.

Big Moe's Diner, 50s, American Diner, Classic American Burger,
Classic American Burger - £10.95
Freshly toasted bun, juicy 7oz 100% beef pattie with griddled red onion, pickle, fresh lettuce and tomato.

Now for story time. So looking at the menu it gives you the option to have a regular, double stacked or triple stacked burger. Looking at the images the patty looked kinda small, so I opted for double stack, but if you could've seen the look of surprise on my face when my food showed up, it was a real picture...the sheer size of it...
I consider myself a burger connoisseur...joke....kind of. But I have had better burgers and fries elsewhere. The burger was not as well done as I would have liked, which I think affected the flavour of the meat for my palette and the fries were underwhelming - I can't say much more than that they tasted off...this may have been the oil they were fried in, but it wasn't good.  

Overall I was kinda disappointed with my visit to Big Moe's, especially as I was so looking forward to going. The food wasn't anything to write home about and our waitress wasn't the nicest or speediest.

The only reason I would go back is for one of their milkshakes. They are SO GOOD!


Big Moe’s Diner

Unit 3 Newham Leisure Park,
Jenkins Lane, Barking,
Essex IG11 0AD



Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment