Wednesday 13 January 2016

Unwritten



"Today is where your book begins.The rest is still unwritten." - Natasha Bedingfield.


HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVES! I hope 2016 is treating you well so far.

I'm not starting this New Year, New me bullsh*t that I've done a thousand times over. I've come into the New Year as the same person, but with a new outlook/attitude.

I think everyone is on the same thing this year, in regards to not making resolutions. I feel that resolutions set you up to fail, and then you get down on yourself for not achieving what you set out for yourself. I think a lot more people are about setting goals and achievements for themselves and general life changes that aren't specific to the start of a New Year/new you. 
I get it though, the end of a New Year gets everyone thinking about what they've done and what they wish they'd done differently. That is normal, but don't put pressure on yourself to have resolutions completed within 365 days (well 366 as it is a leap year this year). I have instead chosen to set myself goals to better my life and career.

I am so quick to tell myself that I can't do something and list all the barriers stopping me from going after what I want, well screw that. I need to start telling myself that I CAN. Not trying to sound big headed or self-centred but I am a good person, I deserve my dreams just as much as the next person. I am making that my mission to instill it in myself.

Now let' get on to the reason behind the title of this post. I randomly heard the Natasha Bedingfield song Unwritten and the lyrics "spoke to me" and really helped me get focused. Don't get me wrong I will still have my bad days (sometimes linked to my depression and anxiety), I'm human. But I will try my hardest to brush it off and keep going.

My life story is still being written and I have time to change the things in my life that I am not happy with. I feel quite liberated if I'm honest.

I'm just over the same old sh*t and I hope this shift in my mind-set stays and keeps me focused on my goals. Something I thought of to keep me in this positive mode is a challenge I have set myself. I came across this idea on instagram. Basically you get a jar and over the course of the year you fill it with positive and happy notes/memories. Then at the end of the year you read about all the good things you experienced. I purchased a Kilner jar and will be using my Paul and Joe notepad (I absoloutely love Paul and Joe stationary).



I hope you can relate to what I am saying and that we all make better choices for our future.

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment