Sunday 14 February 2016

WICKED! The Musical

Wicked, Wicked the musical, Apollo Victoria theatre
 WICKED! The Musical
Literally squealed with excitement when I found out that I was going to see Wicked. I have wanted to see this musical for years but the tickets are kinda pricey especially if you want the good seats.

Luckily for me I know people in high places and was able to get the tickets half price...woop!
If you don't know what Wicked is about here is a quick summary:
Wicked tells the story of two unlikely friends, Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West) and Glinda, who struggle through opposing personalities and viewpoints, rivalry over the same love-interest, reactions to the Wizard's corrupt government, and, ultimately, Elphaba's public fall from grace.

I really enjoyed getting to see the evolution of Elphaba and seing why she became who she was in The Wizard of Oz.

It was an amazing night and I got a little emotional. Especially when she sang Defying Gravity, I welled up a little because Emma Hatton who played Elphaba had the most amazing vocal ability. I was blown away.

Wicked, Wicked the musical, Apollo Victoria theatre,
Wicked runs at the Apollo Victoria theatre.

If I had one complaint about the whole night it would be about the seats. The seats weren't exactly big girl friendly, but it didn't ruin the experience too much.

I wish I could've taken pics of the live action, but I did manage to sneak one before the show started.

Wicked, Wicked the musical, Ozdust Boutique, souvenir,

The costumes and makeup were amazing. I think my favourite look was when they went to the Emerald City.


I couldn't go see Wicked and not come away with a bit of memorabilia.

Wicked, Wicked the musical, souvenir programme,
 I laughed, I almost cried and had a jolly good time. If you can get tickets I would recommend going to see it.

So now I get to check Wicked off of my list of musicals I want to see.

My Musical/theatre shows wishlist:
Lion King
Aladdin
Wicked
Mamma Mia
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
The Bodyguard
Hairspray
Phantom of the Opera
Love Never Dies
Matilda
Avenue Q
Chicago

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment