Tuesday 24 May 2016

Urban Decay (Mini) Haul

Urban Decay, Naked palette, 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil, 69, Revolution Lipstick, F-Bomb, Urban Decay Cosmetics, eyeshadow, swatches, makeup, review

Urban Decay is a brand I'd been a fan of for years (from afar), they've always been a really cool and edgy brand (IMO). Last year I popped my UD cherry, you can see my post on the Naked 3 palette here.

This month they opened a new store in Spitalfields, so I went down to have a look.


Urban Decay, Naked palette, makeup, eyeshadow, Urban Decay Cosmetics
Naked Palette - £38.50
This warm toned palette comes with 12 bronze-hued shadows, with a variety of
matte, satin, shimmer and sparkle shades.

The great thing about all the Naked palettes is their versatility. I've said this before but you can take your looks from day to night, from natural to super smokey. This palette has you covered for all occasions.

The only complaint I have about the palette is the velvet exterior, dust and fluff stick to it like a b***h. I actually had too take a lint roller to it before I photographed it.

Urban Decay, Naked palette, eyeshadow, Urban Decay Cosmetics
Shadows (L-R):
Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

Urban Decay, Naked palette, eyeshadow, Urban Decay Cosmetics, swatchesUrban Decay, Naked palette, eyeshadow, swatches, Urban Decay Cosmetics
Left: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked.
Right: Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal.

The palette also comes with an eyeshadow brush, like the one you get in the Naked 3 palette and a built-inmirror.

Now that I have this palette and the Naked 3, I don't think I need the Naked 2. But who knows I could change my mind in the future.

Urban Decay, 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil, 69, Urban Decay Cosmetics
24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in 69 - £13.50
I'm very naughty and did the un-blogger-y thing, which was use the product before swatching (see swatch below). I would've sharpened it, but whenever I sharpen pencils they look like they've been butchered..it's not pretty.

Anyways onto the liner. 69 is a blue toned true red with a matte opaque finish.

The liner is creamy, has a smooth texture and it does glides onto the lips. The formula of the liner makes application really easy and there is no need to drag it cross your lips, which tends to happen with drier lip pencils. The colour payoff is great, very long lasting and stains the lips a little. It is also waterproof, which I think adds to the longevity. I think this is one of the best liners I've used in a while.

I'd be happy to wear just this on the lips with a sheer or opaque gloss.

Urban Decay, Revolution Lipstick, F-Bomb, Urban Decay Cosmetics, makeup, review

Urban Decay, Revolution Lipstick, F-Bomb, Urban Decay Cosmetics, swatches, makeup, review
First off...LOVE the name. If you know me then you know I have quite the potty mouth, so this lipstick was perfect for me. I have also never come across a red lipstick that I haven't liked.

The packaging of the lipstick is fabulous, it is so chic and sleek in Gunmetal, with the signature UD purple on the inside.

F-bomb is your classic red lipstick with a glossy finish. Although it's blue toned I find this lipstick to be warm as well. Is that an oxymoron?

It is so pigmented, has amazing colour pay off and staying power, except for when you eat. It ended up all over my food and chin.

It is such a creamy formula and feels amazing on the lips.The lipstick contains jojoba oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter and shea butter which leaves the lips feeling hydrated and soft.

Urban Decay, 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil, 69, Revolution Lipstick, F-Bomb, Urban Decay Cosmetics, swatches, makeup, review
Swatches of 69 and F-bomb


Urban Decay, Naked palette, 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil, 69, Revolution Lipstick, F-Bomb, Urban Decay Cosmetics, eyeshadow, swatches, makeup, reviewUrban Decay, Naked palette, 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil, 69, Revolution Lipstick, F-Bomb, Urban Decay Cosmetics, eyeshadow, swatches, makeup, review
On the eyes: Half Baked, Buck and Creep.
On the lips: 69 and F-Bomb.

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment