Friday 29 July 2011

Sleek Make up Haul

Hello all,

I'm finally back with a blog post. A couple weeks back I ordered a few items from Sleek makeup, which I tweeted about, but since I've been so so busy with my new job I just have not had the time to blog, and with the little free time I did have I'd be chilling cos I'd just be so tired from work.

But as I have the day off  today I thought I would finally get around to posting about the stuff I bought.
Caribbean Collection (Limited Edition)

Curacao - £6.49

"Embrace the exotic colours of paradise with the 12 shades of the Curacao i-Divine. From deep sea blue’s to zesty oranges and vivid coral’s, create endless striking looks using contrasting shades or make an entrance with an effortless sweep of colour.  For the ultimate exotic look, team with Aruba blush and Bonaire Pout Polish."
Top L-R: Tequila Sunrise, Martini, Blue Hawaii, Bloody Mary, Screwdriver, Green Iguana
Bottom L-R: Apres Midori, Blue Lagoon, Purple Haze, Green Martini, Singapore Sling, Espresso Martini
This palette is GORGEOUS!!!!!! You couldn't ask for more out of a palette, the colours really represent the collection. So bright and pigmented. I love it. The only disappopining thing is the yellow eyeshadow isn't very pigmented on my skin. I'd give the palette 4.5 out of 5. Its still available in store and online so I would defo get yourself down to your local Superdrug or on the sleek website and purchase this bad boy, :)

 Aruba Blush - £4.30

"Aruba blush provides the ultimate colour of paradise, sweep on lightly for a tropical wash of coral or layer to build an intense holiday hue.  Team with the Curacao i-Divine and Bonaire pout polish to complete your colourful Caribbean inspired look."
 Bonaire pout polish - £4.30
"Get luscious lips with Bonaire pout polish, the tangerine tinted gloss is enriched with jojoba, avocado, and sweet almond oil as well as SPF15, so you can simmer away in summer’s rays whilst your pout remains perfectly protected.  Team with Curacao i-Divine and Aruba blush for this summer’s essential holiday collection."
 I lost the picture of the swatches of the lip gloss and blush. The lip gloss has a slight hint of orange when applied and it has a nice scent which is fitting for the collection,its kinda coconut-y the blush is pretty much what you see is what you get, its very bright, but it is build-able. I like to mix Aruba with Santorini (Mediterranean collection)

Oh So Special - £6.49 (Limited Edition)

"It’s the ultimate i-Divine that every woman should have in her possession, with 12 flattering on-trend shades to suit all skin tones no matter what the occasion, the Oh So Special palette will always deliver the perfect results. Take your look from day time chic with matte browns and creamy beiges, through to sultry evening glamour with shimmering grays and smokey plums. A make-up bag staple and a must-have i-Divine you can rely on, so no matter where you are or what you’re doing you’ll look Oh So Special!"

Top L-R: Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Gift Basket, Glitz, Celebrate
Bottom L-R: Pamper, Gateau, The Mail, Boxed, Wrapped Up, Noir
This palette reminds of me of the Storm palette, with obvious differences, but the main similarity is that you can create neutral and dramatic eye looks with this. I defo will be using this palette to create a Smoky eye. The colours are really pigmented, like ALL Sleek palettes. I couldn't manage to purchase the palette in ANY Superdrug store cos they were sold out, much like the Curacao palette. So I would make sure you go online and buy this palette.I'd give this palette a 4.5 out of 5.
Scandalous Blush £4.30
"The silky-fine formulation provides long lasting blusher which helps to create a subtle but radiant cheek area.
Apply using a small powder/blusher brush, by swirling the brush over the surface of the blusher. Tap off excess powder and apply onto the apples of the cheeks to emphasise your cheeks and your smile, or just below the cheek bone to create a sculpted look."
The blush is a nice colour that can be used for day or night as its build-able, it can give you that subtle hint of colour and then you can amp it up for the evening.
Eyebrow pencil in Brown - £2.59
"A creamy formula pencil used to fill in, shape and define eyebrows without smudging or flaking."
I don't usually use eyebrow pencil, I normally use eyeshadow, but I thought I might mix it up and try a pencil instead. That is when I bother to do my eyebrows haha. I do find that pencil is a lot more, what's the word I'm looking for? Erm...its a lot more daring than I'm used to, cos it's a lot more full on than how I would normally do my eyebrows. I just need to get past that initial..."WHOA!" stage.
Kohl Eyeliner pencil in Black - £2.59
"An ultra creamy-matte formula pencil used to define the eyes."
My MAC Smolder kohl pencil is coming up to a nub, so I thought I might try Sleeks Kohl eyeliner pencil. So far I like it. 
Eye Drama mascara in Black Out - £4
"This state of the art mascara has an ultra flexible silicone brush. The formulation contains nylon fibres adding both length and volume to each lash, creating a dramatic effect."
This is a great mascara, I could see an instant difference and I love the wand. I never used a wand like the one that comes with this mascara. I'm a big fan :)

  
Free Gift - Mini High shine lip gloss in the colour "In your Dreams"

The colour isn't coming out too well in the photo, but what is in the packaging is what comes out on the lips. Gorgeous colour and really nice scent to it as well :)

Hope you enjoyed the post. I should hopefully get another one up tomorrow or Sunday :o)
S xxx

*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment