Saturday 1 February 2014

I got me a tattoo :)

Hey guys and dolls,

  
For the longest time and I mean longest time, I have wanted a tattoo.

Story time:
I remember when I was about 10/11 my family and I went on a holiday to Orlando, Florida (best trip ever). One random evening we were walking down International drive (I think) ans we came across this tattoo parlour. My mum, dad and big sis all jumped at the chance to have some ink done. The tattoo artist even joked if I wanted to get a tattoo of NSYNC on my arm LOL. So glad I said no to that. I was so young and deathly afraid of needles (well I still am afraid of needles).



Last year I accompanied my best friend to get a tattoo, I hadn't been around someone getting a tatt since my holiday so I wanted to see it from an adults perspective. It made me a 1000x more petrified of getting one lol. But I needed to see what it was like and experience the whole thing. I think the worst thing was the noise the gun made. It sent chills down my spine.

But even after all that terror it still didn't deter me from wanting one. I'd put a lot of thought into what I wanted to permanently mark my skin with. I went and spoke to the guys that worked there and asked them to gauge the cost of what I wanted. Then Leanne suggested that she and my other 2 besties could give me some money towards me finally getting one for my upcoming birthday.

So finally on the 19th November 2013 I got my first 2 tattoos. You can see a video of me getting it done on my instagram and Leanne's insta as well. There's also some images too.

The tattoos I got was"This too shall pass" this quote has gotten me through some tough times. It's a reminder that things aren't always bad. And the second one I got was a little heart. If you've followed me for  while you know that I LOVE Hayley Williams from Paramore. She has a little heart tatt and I thought it was so adorable I wanted one too, also I wear my heart on my sleeve.


 My arm before the tattoo. 

I'm not gonna lie it hurt like a mother bitch. But it was bearable pain and you eventually get used to it. It helped that the tattooist and Leanne were talking to me, keeping me distracted.


 Right after it was finished. 
In all the madness and excitement I forgot to get a pic of the second tattoo after it had been done.

 This was the day after I'd had them done.  They were still very swollen and red.

I was so happy with the tattoos and still am. I have a few more planned and I will surely update you guy on here when that happens. 

 I'm glad I got my tattoo at the studio I did. The staff are so friendly in there. And while you're getting any work done they keep you at ease and give good aftercare. I'd defo recommend anyone that lives in the Essex area go to Fattatts for any inkage you want. I've put their info below.


Where I got my ink done:
FATTATTS
620A Green Ln, 
Ilford 
IG3 9SE
020 8598 9286



Sonya xoxo


Follow Me :)
  *all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where stated and marked with an asterisk (*), everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment