Wednesday 1 October 2014

DISARONNO wears VERSACE + launch party

So glad I can finally blog about this, good thing I know how to keep a secret. 

A couple of months ago I had the pleasure of finding out that Disaronno were pairing up with another fashion house...VERSACE. Bringing us the perfect gift for the fashion obsessed cocktail lovers out there. Speaking of cocktails with this awesome bottle comes a fabulous little cocktail, Disaranno Versace Sour but more on that later.

Augusto Reina, CEO of ILLVA Saronno commented on the collaboration: “For the second year running we are so proud to be partnering with another of the world’s finest Italian fashion houses. To be able to include Moschino and Versace amongst our list of collaborators is a real honour.” 


Anyone that knows me will tell you I am not a big drinker. But I am partial to a Disaronno and coke now and then, reminds me of an alcoholic Dr Pepper. I also love to bake with Disaronno, I may offend some for my choice of how I use this lol. But seriously bake a chocolate cake, prick a few holes and brush some Disaronno  over the top and let it sink in...mmm (you're welcome). 

Even without saying who Disaronno has partnered up with you could just tell as the bottle has taken inspiration from Versace’s decadent/iconic style. The DISARONNO wears VERSACE bottle is draped in light blue and embellished with an opulent white gold motif. 

How fab does the bottle look? Doesn't it just say glamour.



This post isn't all just about the glitz, glam and the world's favourite Italian liqueur. This amazing collaboration supports Fashion 4 Development, a global campaign using fashion to tackle issues in the developing world. They will be donating part of the proceeds to the development of their project in Africa. I love when companies and people with the resources think about and help those less fortunate and able.

Disaronno Versace Sour Cocktail

This cocktail was made for the occasion and looks almost as decadent as the bottle. A mixture of Disaronno, Martini Bianco, Lime Juice, Prosecco, Blue Curacao and to top it off gold leaf.
Am I the only who doesn't understand why people use gold leaf in food/drinks? Just me? OK.

I found it a little sharp and strong, but I actually really liked it. I've always wanted to make my on cocktail that contained more than 2 ingredients and this may jut be the first one I make considering I have the recipe to hand.

So last night was the launch party for the bottle and wow, I've never been to an event like this before. The One Mayfair is a pretty swanky venue, at first I thought I was at the wrong place because of the paps outsides lol. At the party was a cool photo booth where you could create a GIF, if I'd been more aware and less ill I would've done a fun one but alas, at least I have a good smile haha. Once you took your photo you got an adorable mini Disaronno bottle. 



Below is the GIF...and this is why I only take pics of myself haha (hashtag angles). The event would have been really awesome if I hadn't been ill with this damn cold, so we didn't stay long which sucks as quite a few celebs rocked up to this event. 



This limited edition bottle is available this month and will retail at £15. Great gift idea for Christmas.

Drink responsibly kids.

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment