Tuesday 3 February 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! HELLO 2015!!!!

Hello blogosphere,

Well it's been a while since I sat down to do this. Is it too late to still say Happy New Year? Probably.

How has everyone been? Good? Great :-D

Can you believe it's 2015?!?!?! 2014 went by too fast for my liking, and now we're in February already. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and wonderful New Years partying away, mine was bittersweet, but I'll get into that in a minute.



I can't believe it's been 4 months since I have touched my blog. A lot has happened in my life the past several months that have affected the frequency of my blogging and my ability to do it. 2 BIG things occurred and then some other little things.

One of the main things that contributed to me taking a break was that my grandad passed away, he'd been sick for a very long time, and two days before my birthday we lost him. Writing this now it still feels so surreal to say that he isn't here anymore. A day doesn't go by where I don't miss him. Which is why Christmas and New Years were bittersweet, it was great being around all my family but so hard with him not being there. My grandad was always the life and soul of every occasion, and his presence has been/will be sorely missed. Even as I write this I'm getting all teary eyed. But luckily I have a loving family and we have really supported each other through such a horrendously difficult time.

This is gonna sound dramatic but with everything going on, every time I  sat down to blog I just couldn't. My mind wasn't in the right place to put pen to paper...well finger tips to keyboard. And I didn't wanna just churn out a post for the sake of it. I take pride in the blogs I post and didn't wanna produce some sub par fluff.

Another bigish thing that happened was that I got a job, if you've followed me for a while you'll know that it had been a really long time (3 years) since I had one of those. And I have been getting used to being on someone else's schedule again. It's nice having the constant wage coming in and being able to pay my bills, but I do miss the days where I could do what I want when I wanted. But it was time to be a fully fledged adult and start taking responsibility for myself properly. Adulthood...bleurgh!

I have also had some heallth issues which have taken their toll on me, but I don't really wanna go into that just yet. I have also been doing some soul searching and trying to figure out what the hell I am doing with my life. I've also been putting thought into things I want for myself and how I'm going to achieve my goals. It's gonna be a long journey but I'm ready, I may do some blog posts related to this.

I don't know what kind of schedule I want to stick to yet, or I just may go back to the old one I'm not sure. With work and life I don't know if I'd be able to keep up with multiple posts a week, but we will see how it goes. But just know that I am back and will have lots of lovely new content for you guys :) I know a lot of bloggers have that pressure of churning out posts daily or weekly, but luckily for me I don't depend on my blog as a source of income, so I'm glad I have the freedom to stick to whatever schedule I decide to make. But don't get me wrong I have missed it and can't wait to get back into the swing of things.

I've missed this and am happy to be back.

I hope that 2015 has treated you well so far.

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
Bloglovin  / Instagram / Twitter / Tumblr  Facebook

*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment