Tuesday 19 July 2016

Big Easy BAR.B.Q and Crabshack

 Big Easy BAR.B.Q and Crabshack
Big Easy offers a taste of good ol’ Southern food, inspired by the 19th century crab shacks and Bar.B.Q of the American Gulf Coast.

If you know me then you know I am a huge fan of American style food, I was super excited when me and the fam had decided to go to the Big Easy. My cousin had raved about this place, and she knows good food.

B.E has a busy atmosphere, but you don’t feel like you need to rush and leave as soon as you’re done. The staff are very friendly and know how to banter with the customer. You aren't waiting around ages for someone to take your order either. And in such a busy environment I was really happy to have my food at the table in a timely manner.

I would also advise booking a table as they are quite popular.
We were originally booked for Covent Garden but they were having kitchen renovations so had a lesser menu (in particular the deep fried pickle chips), luckily the Canary Wharf location is a bit bigger.

Dominion Root Beer. Heaven in a bottle.

They serve the best Root Beer I’ve had in this country since McDonald’s stopped serving it (am I showing my age there haha). The root beer was so good that we found a stockist online and placed an order for a crate.

When you are seated they bring out a bib and a wet wipe, just in case you get one of the messier meals. And then once you've ordered they bring over their on Barbeque sauce.

STARTERS

The starters were good. Me and my sister split 3. We couldn’t decide ok.

Hush Puppies - Traditional Southern States Savoury Deep Fried Balls of Cornmeal Batter. They kind of reminded me of a lighter version of a festival (Jamaican sweet dumpling). Wasn't a fan of the smoked chilli dipping sauce that came with it. But the hush puppies themselves were good.

Popcorn shrimp – It comes with Tartar and Cocktail sauce. They didn’t have much flavour and the poop track was still in them *sick face emoji* and just tasted of too much lemon.

Deep Fried Pickle Chips – These were the BOMB.COM! And the buttermilk ranch dressing just gave it that little extra oomph. I can't rave about these enough...SO GOOD! May even attempt to replicate them.

MAIN

Big Easy Smokehouse Burger 
Fresh-Ground Chuck with Bar.B.Q Sauce, Smoked Cheddar and Fried Onions, with Fries, ‘Slaw and House Pickles.

My sister had her burger medium well, I had mine well which made it a bit dry. If I went back I would definitely get it medium well as it was so juicy. The taste was also underwhelming. And the thick cut chips they serve alongside were no Bueno, I prefer fries when I have a burger.


DESSERT

The dessert I was less than impressed with. Me and my sister decided to share our desserts, as we both wanted to try the same things.

Iron Skillet S'mores Fondue with Graham Crackers
The s’mores skillet was good but the chocolate was so rich that it needed something like ice cream to be served with it to cut the sweetness.

Now onto the dessert I got. I ordered the Maple and Caramelised Pit-Smoked Bacon Ice Cream Sandwich, this sound all kinds of awesome.

An ice cream sandwich is ice cream sandwiched between 2 cookies.

THIS is an Ice Cream Sandwich.


AND THIS!


NOT THIS! (and yes I am shouting).

 Maple and Caramelised Pit-Smoked Bacon Ice Cream Sandwich 
This dessert was an absolute let down.
I got the ice cream sandwiched between a hard over heated croissant with a few measly pieces of BURNT bacon on top. I left the croissant and just at the ice cream which was just meh, especially for what I paid. If you're gonna deviate from the norm you should warn people. 


I'm not completely writing them off, as I did enjoy my time there and not all the food was bad. I will in fact go back as I want to try the lobster Mac and Cheese.

Big Easy Canary Wharf
Park level
Crossrail Pale
Canary Wharf
London E14

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment