Friday 21 October 2016

MAC X SELENA

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Fotos Y Recuerdos, Selena, No Me Queda Mas, Is It The Beat, Amor Prohibido, Como La Flor, Dreaming Of You, lipstick, eyeshadow
 MAC SELENA COLLECTION
I have never purchased a MAC collection...not through lack of wanting but due to lack of funds. When I found out that fans had started a petition for MAC to create a Selena line I was HELLA EXCITED! And when the petition had proven fruitful I was like, regardless of my financial situation I was gonna save up and buy the collection. I sat in anticipation watching all the bloggers attend the Selena release in Corpus Christi, just waiting for the collection to make its way to England. You would not believe how fast I ran to my laptop and got my hands on some goodies.

If you know me, then you know how much I love Selena. I came across her because of the Selena movie (one of my faves btw), after seeing how she was portrayed and hearing her songs I was HOOKED! She seemed like such an amazing person with a kind soul. You could only imagine how sad I was at the end of the the film, to not only see her die but to know it was based on a REAL person. I think if she was still alive today that she would've been very successful.

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Fotos Y Recuerdos, Selena, No Me Queda Mas, Is It The Beat, Amor Prohibido, Como La Flor, Dreaming Of You, lipstick, eyeshadow
MAC X SELENA
This may sound weird to some (but I don't care), the fact that the first ever MAC collection I've purchased is the Selena collection, makes it even more special. 
So enough with my rambling lets get on with the what you all came here for.


EYESHADOWS
The eyeshadows retail at £14. The collection came with 5 shadows but I only got 4, the missing colour is Missing My Baby. It's a lovely colour but was a little too light for me.

Besides Is It The Beat, I really had to layer up the shadows for their true colour to come through. Once I apply a base these will show up just fine on my skin. 

No Me Queda Mas will be a great transition colour, as it is close to my skin tone. 

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Fotos Y Recuerdos ,eyeshadow

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Fotos Y Recuerdos, eyeshadow
 FOTOS Y RECUERDOS
Bright Warm Pink (Satin)


MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Is It The Beat, eyeshadow

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Is It The Beat, eyeshadow
IS IT THE BEAT
Deep Black (Matte)

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, No Me Queda Mas, eyeshadow


MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, No Me Queda Mas, eyeshadow
NO ME QUEDA MAS
Warm Dusty Brown (Matte)

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Selena, eyeshadow

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Selena, eyeshadow
SELENA
Intense Pearly Violet (Veluxe Pearl)

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Fotos Y Recuerdos, Selena, No Me Queda Mas, Is It The Beat, swatches, eyeshadow
L-R:
 Fotos Y Recuerdos
Selena
No Me Queda Mas
Is It The Beat

These swatches were done on bare skin with no primer or base.

LIPSTICKS
The lipsticks retail at £17. The collection came with 3 lipsticks and a lipglass, Bidi Bidi Bom Bom (£17.50). I didn't get the lipglass as the shade was not for me.

I've always been a fan of MAC lipsticks. and these haven't disappointed. Good colour pay off and longevity.

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Amor Prohibido, Como La Flor, Dreaming Of You, lipstick,


MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Amor Prohibido, Como La Flor, Dreaming Of You, lipstick,

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Amor Prohibido, lipstick,
Amor Prohibido
Pinky Midtone Brown (Glaze)

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Como La Flor, lipstick,
Como La Flor
Dirty Cherry Red (Amplified)

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Dreaming Of You, lipstick,
Dreaming Of You
Deep Wine (Matte)


MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Amor Prohibido, Como La Flor, Dreaming Of You, lipstick, swatches
SWATCHES
L-R:
Amor Prohibido
Como La Flor
Dreaming Of You

PACKAGING

MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Fotos Y Recuerdos, Selena, No Me Queda Mas, Is It The Beat, Amor Prohibido, Como La Flor, Dreaming Of You, lipstick, eyeshadow, packaging


MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Fotos Y Recuerdos, Selena, No Me Queda Mas, Is It The Beat, Amor Prohibido, Como La Flor, Dreaming Of You, lipstick, eyeshadow, packaging


MAC Cosmetics, Selena, MAC X SELENA, Selena Collection, Selena Quintanilla, Fotos Y Recuerdos, Selena, No Me Queda Mas, Is It The Beat, Amor Prohibido, Como La Flor, Dreaming Of You, lipstick, eyeshadow, packaging
I am OBSESSED with this packaging, this purple is absolutely gorgeous and will stand out in my makeup collection. The outer packaging and product packaging all come with the Selena signature.

There are still products available on the MAC Cosmetics website.

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment