Tuesday 7 August 2018

Real Techniques Tools and Pixiwoo FACE

Real Techniques, Pixiwoo, Sam Chapman, Nic Chapman, Face, Stippling brush, Miracle complexion sponge
REAL TECHNIQUES TOOLS
In a previous post I talked about a new foundation I purchased, you can see that post here. So because I bought new face products, it would've been rude not to buy a new brush. 

I've wanted to try the RT stippling brush for like ever and this brush was similar to the one used in my MAC appointment.

At the time of purchase on the Boots website they had a deal on, where if you bought 2 selected RT products you got the book FACE by Sam and Nic Chapman (Pixiwoo) for free. So I searched through the items in the offer and chose a second item, the Miracle Complexion sponge.

Real Techniques, Pixiwoo, Sam Chapman, Nic Chapman, Face, Stippling brush, Miracle complexion sponge
STIPPLING BRUSH - £11.99
"Our dual-fiber stippling brush is the trade secret for applying your makeup with airbrushed result."

The first time I used this brush I did not like it at all. I thinks it's because I'm used to a denser brush when applying my foundation. But upon using it a second time my opinion changed. I actually like the light weight feel when applying my foundation.

MIRACLE COMPLEXION SPONGE - £5.99
"This versatile beauty tool was designed with a revolutionary foam technology to evenly blend makeup for a smooth, enhanced finish. Use damp for a dewy glow or dry for a full coverage.
- Rounded sides blend large areas of the face with a dabbing motion
- Precision tip covers blemishes and imperfections
- Flat edge for contouring around the eyes and nose
- Ideal for liquid foundation
- Latex-free"

When I first got into the makeup game, I used to use makeup sponges (you know the old white wedges). But since make up sponges i.e the infamous Beauty Blender became a huge thing I haven't actually ever used one, so thought it would be a good opportunity to rectify that.

First impressions, I was not impressed with the sponge. I used it to apply a Bobbi Brown stick foundation, and I found it kind of removed product as I applied it in certain areas. I've watched some Pixiwoo/RT tutorials and they said you could wipe or dab with the sponge. I tried both techniques and just couldn't get it to work properly. I will give it another try with a liquid foundation because I think it may work better.

Positives: 
- I loved how the sponge felt on my skin.
- It blended my eye base very well.
- In the areas the foundation didn't come off the finish was actually really nice.

Real Techniques, Pixiwoo, Sam Chapman, Nic Chapman, Face, Stippling brush, Miracle complexion sponge
FACE by Pixiwoo (RRP £20.00)

I haven't finished the book yet, but so far I'm really enjoying it. I love any kind of book that offers in depth tips, tricks and knowledge about makeup. This book teaches you everything you need to know about making your face looks its best, from skincare to makeup application, tools and products. If you're into makeup I would definitely recommend picking up this book.

My love for makeup books started with Kevyn Aucoin and from then I've been obsessed with them.




Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment