Tuesday 8 July 2014

MAKEUP: Taylor Momsen Inspired

Hey guys and dolls,

OK so I was totally unprepared this week, and had no posts planned. So I decided to do a  quick make up look, based off of one of the actors/characters from Gossip Girl. I've been wanting to do this ever since I finished re-watching the series. The person I got inspired by was Taylor Momsen (Jenny Humphrey). Her look is very grungy, and as her character developed that look slowly made it's way onto the show. I really loved how this turned out. So if you want to know how I did this, keep on reading.

Taylor Momsen Inspired Makeup

I just realised, her makeup really looks like Tiffany from Bride of Chucky (awesome moive BTW).


Anywhooo on with the makeup look.

To start the look I applied black eyeshadow (e/s) all over the lid, and the under eye area and blended it out. I used a mix of Carbon e/s from MAC, and the black e/s from the MUA Undressesd palette. Makeup tip: Always leave your foundation to the end when working with black eyeshadow, because fallout is a biatch! On top of the black I used a mix of Romp and Amber Lights e/s from MAC. And for the brow highlight I used Shroom e/s from MAC.


For the waterline I used Avon supershock black gel liner pencil, it's my go to eyeliner.  For the lashes I used a mix of 2 mascaras from Maybelline, the one by one volum' express and the colossal volum' express.


On the face I used my usual, MAC Studio Fix fluid foundation in NC50, and for the cheeks Russet blush from Avon.

To finish it off the looks, I used Sleek True Colour lipstick in Cranberry.

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment