Wednesday 23 July 2014

SKINCARE | Daily Skincare Routine

Hey guys and dolls,

 It's been a while since I updated my skincare routine on here, some things are still the same and there are a couple changes. If you haven't seen the post where I stated my original routine you can have a look here

With all the different products on the market, a skincare routine can be kind of daunting. And then all the questions that come along with starting a routine. What skin type am I? Do I use a gel or foam face wash?  Do I need to exfoliate? How often do I use an exfoliator/face mask? Should I use an eye cream? etc.

The best advice I can give you is to go and have a skin analysis done, that way you can find out your skin type/needs and have a routine mapped out for you. And from that you can then go and experiment with different brands.
I am going to talk to you about my morning routine and make up removal. I will link to the original posts where I mentioned the products originally and where I buy them.

On a cotton pad or piece of cotton wool, I apply this to my face in a circular motion. I then go in with a new piece of cotton wool and remove the excess. 

I apply this to my face on a cotton pad or piece of cotton wool all over. Be sure not to apply too much to your choice of cotton as it will make your skin too wet.

I use this as a serum underneath my moisturiser. I take a small amount and apply it all over my face.

This is my favourite face cream. I used to be obsessed with simple face creams but ever since I started using this I haven't wanted to change it up. I apply this all over my face too.

I used to use an eye cream, but I didn't think it made a blind bit of difference if I'm honest.

No one wants dry lips, and we shouldn't forget to keep them moisturised. I love cocoa butter based products, and this just makes my lips feel all nice soft.

MAKE UP REMOVAL

These wipes are quality. They get off all of my base makeup, even my heavy duty MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Some face wipes can make my skin have that horrible tingly feeling, these wipes do not do that. I've used these for years and couldn't imagine using different ones.

This remover is great. It doesn't sting if it goes in my eyes and it removes waterproof mascara too.

The majority of my routine includes Simple skincare. If you couldn't tell they are like my favourite all round skincare brand. I've used them for years and haven't had any problems with them.

I used to get my products from Superdrug, but recently I've been purchasing them from Tesco because they tend to have all my simple and garnier products on a deal or half price.

After makeup removal comes my night time routine, I will do a separate post on that soon.

What are your favourite skincare brands/products?

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment