Friday 4 July 2014

MAKEUP: Paul and Joe Beaute

Hey guy and dolls,


Paul and Joe Beaute
"fun loving sophistication." - brand philosophy

A few weeks back I went to a Paul and Joe blogger event. You can read about that here. Now I am going to share with you the products I got to tryout.
Paul and Joe (PJ) is a Parisian make up brand created by Sophie Mechaly, that launched in 2002. She named the brand after her two sons, how cute.

 Here is a quick look at the products and some swatches. I go into more detail below.


PRODUCTS


Limited Edition Eye Colour Cases - £7
These cases are adorbs and come in 3 different patterns. The one I have is bright red with fun and flirty felines (as described by PJ). They are designed to hold the eye and cheek trios. 
These cases are super sturdy and the perfect size to carry around in your handbag.

 
Eye Colour Trio (02) - £23
These eyeshadow trios are available in 8 shades. There is at least 1 trio for every skintone.

The trio I got was Mon Petit Chaton (My Little Kitty) - A trio of browns. How pretty is this trio though, seriously?  

The 3 shades from L-R are a deep glittery champagne, shimmery bronze and a matte brown. These powders are really soft and blend well.

Here's a quick look I did with the trio (you can see my full face below). I mixed the first 2 shades together and applied that over the lid. And used the dark brown on the outer third and in the crease. And I used the champagne colour as a highlight.

Glossy Lip Colour- £20
These lip colours are available in 10 gorgeous shades. Again I think there is something for everyone.

The shade I have is Bougainvillea, a flowery fuchsia. When it was swatched it was very opaque. But when you apply it to the lips it isn't, which is understandable because it is not a lipstick. It's in between opaque and sheer. The colour pay off is still good because you can see that I have colour on my lips. The product comes with a two sided applicator. The curved side is to create volume and the backside maximises colour impact.

Nail Polish - £12
PJ nail polish come in 25 shades. They have an array of shades including glitter polishes. You can get a variety of looks from sheer, glossy and matte. PJ polishes are formulated with organic plant oils to treat the nails, and keep them healthy and strong.

The shade I got to try was Flamingo Pink (09). The brightness of this polish isn't really showing up in the images, but it is gorgeous. This colour is perfect for the summer.

This took 3 coats to become opaque and it dried really quick.

PACKAGING


The packaging reminds me of something that my grandmother would own, in a good way. I say that because it has that vintage feel to it. Like when you'd see those glamour women in the old movies, sat at their vanity tables. So I did some research, and they actually described their packaging as retro modern.

What Paul and Joe products have you guys tried?

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment