Saturday 23 August 2014

MOVIES | New blog series/Haul

Hey guys and dolls,


I have dedicated Sunday posts to music, as it is a big part of my life. But I wanted to share another passion of mine, which is movies/TV shows. I have an extensive DVD collection, and I thought I'd recommend a movie a week, and TV show a month on a Saturday. I hope you guys enjoy this new series. And if you have any movie recommendations, please feel free to leave them below.

Any who, to start it off I thought I would do a little DVD haulage of some recent purchases.

When I post my recommendations, I will post a quick summary of what the movie is about and a star rating.



I buy most of my DVDs from amazon, but on occasion I will come across a little store that has them on sale or Poundland (I know I know, but they have some pretty decent hidden gems). I do love a bargain, especially with how pricey certain movies/TV shows are these days. Gosh that makes me sound so old haha. As some of these are recent purchases I won't be able to rate them at this time.

 Charlie's Angels - 2.5 out of 5 stars
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle - 2 out of 5 stars 
These movies are based off of the hit 70s TV show with the same title. It's about 3 women who work for a private investigation agency, and there is hi-jinx to be had. I definitely preferred the first movie to the sequel, although both are rather mediocre films.

Mallrats - 2.5 out of 5 stars
I love Kevin Smith movies. This is probably my second least favourite  movie out of his body of work, not because it's bad just because his other films are more awesome. It's about two best friends who get dumped on the same day, so head to their local hangout, the mall. Jay and Silent Bob are there too and they are always funny.

Hitch
I haven't seen this yet, but it has been on my wishlist for a little while now. Here is a quick summary of the movie though. While helping his latest client woo the fine lady of his dreams, a professional "date doctor" finds that his game doesn't quite work on the gossip columnist with whom he's smitten.

So I Married an Axe Murderer - 3.5 out of 5 stars
I've posted this before so see my previous DVD haul for a little summary.

Sorority Boys - 3 out of 5 stars
3 friends get accused of stealing money from their fraternity. So to prove their innocence they dress up in drag and join a female fraternity at their college. The main reason I bought this movie is because of Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor in Smallville).

 Ramona and Beezus - 3 out of 5 stars
This movie is based off the book series about a little girl (Ramona) with a wild imagination and her older sister (Beezus). This is one of those typical family movies.

Swimfan 1.5 out of 5 stars
A high school senior with a promising swimming career has a one-night stand with. It's got a bit of a fatal attraction vibe to it. You know sometimes a movie isn't really good but you still can't help but watch it, this is what Swimfan is.

Cruel Intentions 2 - 3 out of 5 stars
Prequel to the original movie. This version tells the tale of when Sebastian first came to live with his father and new step family. It basically mimics the first one. Sebastian messing around with the headmaster's daughter, Katherine getting jealous and intervening and a simple minded acquaintance used as a pawn in their games.

I'll Be Home For Christmas - 1.5 out of 5 tars
I brought this purely for nostalgic reasons. A college student experiences difficulty in getting home for Christmas after being hazed by his friends. While struggling to get home in time for Christmas, he learns quite a bit about himself and the true meaning of the holiday.

The Wedding Singer - 3.5 out of 5 stars
Robbie, the singer and Julia, the waitress are both engaged to be married but to the wrong people. Fortune intervenes to help them discover each other. The wedding singer is hilarious and Alexis Arquette as a wannabe Boy George is too much.

Soul Men
I bought this purely on the recommendation from my mum and sis. Who doesn't love Samuel L Jackson and Bernie Mac and putting them together has got to be hilarious. So here is a quick summary. Though it's been some twenty years since they have spoken with one another, two estranged soul-singing legends agree to participate in a reunion performance at the Apollo Theater to honour their recently deceased band leader.

 The Prince of Egypt
Another one I haven't seen yet, I am a sucker for an animated movie. An Egyptian prince learns of his identity as a Hebrew and, later his destiny to become the chosen deliverer of his people.
Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment