Friday 22 August 2014

NAILS | Sinful Colors


Sinful Colors

My best friend introduced me to the dangerous fact that Poundland sells name brand name products, such as Rimmel, Revlon and Sally Hansen. When I was younger I was one of those people that shunned 99p/£1 shops, and wouldn't be caught dead being seen in one. But in this economic climate we should be saving money where we can, particularly on luxury items. And when I say luxury, I mean things that don't fall under the header of necessities.

I thought I was saving myself a bit of money by purchasing them at Poundland. Upon doing my research I found out that Sinful Colors retails at £1.99, so I didn't make much of a saving but that's fine. I was happy to find out that they are an affordable brand.

SAVAGE
Savage is a matte bright turquoise blue. The application of the matte shades isn't the best, it applies streaky but after 2-3 coats it looks nice and opaque.

PEARL HARBOR  
Pearl Harbor is a duo chrome glitter, I put it over the top of Savage on the index and ring finger. Unfortunately it hasn't shown up that well in the photo, because by itself it's just a clear top coat with the flecks of glitter. For the colour to really shine through I would use it on top of a darker shade.

 TOKYO PEARL
Tokyo Pearl is a pearlescent silver, this is my favourite out of the 4 polishes. It's perfect for those days when you want a simple nail but still want a little oomph. This shade seems like it could be really pretty for a wedding.

PINK
Pink (so aptly named lol), is a bright pink that dries matte. The matte shades as I said above don't apply well but after 2-3 coat you're left with a nice finish. Something I find with most matte polishes, is that their longevity is half that of a regular nail polish. They tend to chip quite easily which is a shame.

Big thanks to my little sister for being my hand model.

What are your favourite Sinful color polishes?
Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment