Wednesday 10 September 2014

#BoldLipsForSickleCellChallenge - Sickle Cell Awareness

September is Sickle Cell awareness month. If you are unsure/unaware of what Sickle Cell is there is a lot of information available on the Sickle Cell Society website. Please take just 5 minutes to read this post.

If you follow my instagram, tumblr or twitter (links below), you would've seen the below images already. These lips looks were done as a part of the #BoldLipsForSickleCellChallenge (search the hashtag). Please keep on reading to see the looks I did, how to take part in the challenge and how to donate.


You don't have to go all out, just rocking your favourite lippy will be enough. Just don't forget to donate, even if it's just £5, every penny helps.

This cause is very dear to my heart as my little sister suffers with full blown Sickle Cell Anaemia. She has suffered with disease ever since she was born and watching her have sickle attacks and being in and out of hospital has been incredibly difficult and heartbreaking. It's so hard to watch someone you love suffer and know that there is nothing you can do to help them. I hope that raising awareness and donating we can all get us that much closer to finding a cure for this horrible disease. 

I suffer with Sickle Cell Trait, which means my children could be born with it if my partner I chose to have kids with has the trait. I can also pass on the trait to my children as well.

I made mention of this on the original instagram post, but I am the proudest big sister. My little sister has to be one of the strongest people I know, suffering with this disease but never letting it affect her quality of life and never letting it hold her back. I am so proud of the young woman I am seeing her grow into.


Here is how you can take part in the challenge, all you have to do is:

1. Take a picture of yourself in some badass lippy 
2. Upload it on your social media and add the hashtag #BoldLipsForSickleCellChallenge.

3. After you have done that make a small donation to The Sickle Cell Society (UK based followers) or hit up @ib_thesunnyest.freckled01 for information on how to donate in the states.

4. Repost this picture; and tag a few women to get involved. 


You can also post your pic on facebook, twitter or tumblr if you don't have instagram.

If you do not want to do the challenge then you can still donate here.

Feel free to tweet or tag me on insta if you participate in the challenge, would love to see what you guys do.

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment