Wednesday 26 August 2015

Essence Cosmetics



Essence, Essence cosmetics, Essence Makeup, makeup, bbloggers, beauty bloggers, black skin, review, lip gloss, gel liner pencil, voluminous mascara,
Essence Makeup
I love that most times I write about something there is a story behind it. But to me writing these posts is like talking to my girl friends (and guy friends) and telling them about my interests and the things I like. So here's today's story time. I was looking though a magazine with my best friend, and one of the ads was for Essence makeup, the tag line read "Europe's No.1 makeup brand." I had never heard of this brand before, but with that kind of tagline I had to check it out.
The ad it said that the line was available at Wilkos, so I headed down there with my bestie Kim in tow to see what they had to offer. At the time they had a 3 for 2 deal going on, it's like I have a beacon for makeup deals.

 Essence, Essence cosmetics, Essence Makeup, makeup, bbloggers, beauty bloggers, black skin, review, voluminous mascara, Big Lashes Volume Boost Mascara, waterproof
Big Lashes Volume Boost Mascara (waterproof) - £2.50
Is it just me this happens to, but whenever I try a new mascara that is supposed to be like voluminous or lengthening I would never be blown away by the outcome? This mascara doesn't give me crazy big lashes, but for everyday makeup I like it. I do love a mascara with a bigger brush.

Essence, Essence cosmetics, Essence Makeup, makeup, bbloggers, beauty bloggers, black skin, review, gel liner pencil, Gel Eyeliner Pencil, waterproof
Gel Eyeliner Pencil (waterproof) - £2.30
We all know I love gel liner and have used it to line my upper lash line forever, but I was never brave enough to apply it on a brush to my water line. Then Avon came out with the SuperShock gel eye liner pencil, it has been my go to for the longest time. So I thought I should branch out and try a new one.

Gel pencils are great when you want long lasting intensity on the water line, or for tight lining. So if you don't have access to Avon or want a nice cheap and cheerful but good quality eyeliner pencil I would definitely recommend this one.

The liner is a twist up, so don't try to sharpen it (I learnt that the hard way, SMH!).


TIP: If you are a scaredy cat like me, and don't feel comfortable applying gel liner to the water line with a brush, I've got you covered. A trick is to dip your eye liner pencil into your gel liner pot, then apply it the same way you would with the pencil. Sorted.

Essence, Essence cosmetics, Essence Makeup, makeup, bbloggers, beauty bloggers, black skin, review, lip gloss, XXXL Shine Lipgloss,Just Gorgeous, ultra shiny lip gloss, pink,
XXXL Shine Lipgloss in Just Gorgeous (#24) - £1.80
It looks super pigmented in the tube but it applies sheer with a hint of pink which I like for layering over lipliner, lipstick, or for the more natural look.

 This lipgloss is super shiny and gives your lips a juicy wet look without being sticky.

I did a makeup look using all 3 of the items, along with some eyeshadows that I will be talking about next week.


Essence, Essence cosmetics,Essence makeup, makeup, bbloggers, beauty bloggers, black skin, review, lip gloss, gel liner pencil, voluminous mascara, swatches, makeup look,


I will definitely be checking out more items from this brand in the future.

http://www.essence.eu/uk/home/

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment