Wednesday 19 August 2015

Rimmel Apocalips Matte Lip Velvet

Rimmel, Apocalips, Matte, Lip Velvet, Lip Lacquer, Meteoric Matte, Burning Lava, lip products, review,
Rimmel Apocalips Matte Lip Velvet - £6.49
I love the lip lacquers from Rimmel and I have also been having a love affair with matte lips for quite some time now, so combining the two was just genius. I still enjoy the wet look lacquers from Rimmel especially in the colour Big Bang, its like my go to non matte red. 

I was in Boots trying to spend a birthday gift card but nothing was really blowing up my skirt, until I saw the matte lip velvets. they were just calling my name. Rimmel had a 3 for 2 deal on at the time so I got 2 lip velvets and the Rita Ora Pop Art Top Coat that I had been lusting after for ages. I recently posted about it on my instagram here.

So let me give you guys a rundown of why I like these lip products:

First off all they apply slickly and dry to a velvety matte finish. They are also really lightweight so don't fell all heavy on the lips.

Secondly these are not drying at all and go on really smoothly, because a lot of matte lipsticks can be very drying so you need to add a lip balm prior to use. As part of my routine I always use lip balm, but when I swatched these I hadn't and had no problems, my lips didn't look dry or anything. According to the website the moisturising formula instantly increases lip moisture by 31%.

And lastly they stay on exceptionally well, with a great colour pay off. I find one coat to be enough for me.

Now onto the swatches.

Rimmel, Apocalips, Matte, Lip Velvet, Lip Lacquer, Meteoric Matte, lip products, review,
Meteoric Matte
Deep berry shade.

Rimmel, Apocalips, Matte, Lip Velvet, Lip Lacquer, Meteoric Matte, lip products, review, swatch,

Rimmel, Apocalips, Matte, Lip Velvet, Lip Lacquer, Burning Lava, lip products, review,
 Burning Lava
 Dark Red.

Rimmel, Apocalips, Matte, Lip Velvet, Lip Lacquer, Burning Lava, lip products, review, swatch

I hope they release some more shades, maybe in a brighter pink shade.

The lip velvets are available in 4 shades and can be purchased from Boots, Superdrug and other retailers.

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment