Wednesday 6 October 2010

Sleek Palette Review: The Original



Hi guys,

Okay again I have been lagging with this blog, when I started to do my swatches and stuff for this post I was all gung-ho to get it out literally the next day but then I caught the flu…I know sucks, but any who it stopped me from going on the computer because I didn’t feel like swatching and writing up reviews etc while I was all sickly and tired and generally feeling crap. So finally, however long later (if that even makes sense haha), its here :)

So I’m going to be doing 6 reviews, all on the sleek palettes I own. Outside of MAC, Sleek is my third favourite brand for eye make up…hands down. It is also my second favourite drugstore make up brand, coming second to Barry M. Sleek is sooooooooo pigmented its ridiculous, and the tiniest bit of it goes so far. This is a brand I will be purchasing for years to come.

I bought my sleek palettes from Superdrug (an English drugstore) for £5.99 each except for the Circus palette that was £6.99 and also a limited edition palette. If you are outside of the UK you can purchase sleek make up from the Sleek website. For each palette I review I am going to put a paragraph from the website that describes the palette and then my opinion on them.

The Original

“The Original i-Divine palette contains a variety of highly-pigmented colours, ranging from green to purple, allowing you to create endless looks fit for day or night.

The velvet-touch consistency gives full and shimmering coverage to the eye lid for maximum effect. Each of the 12 shades can be applied alone for a dramatic effect or mixed to create a personalised look.”





The original palette was the first one out of the six that I bought and it was really random, I went out shopping for the day for new make up and happened to come across it in superdrug, so I opened it and did a few swatches on my hand and fell in love with the colours, the colour pay off and the consistency of the make up. All the colours are shimmery/frosty. They last all day, well for me they do and I havent experience any creasing. It feels so smooth when you apply it and all the colours come out very well on my skin, which I was surprised with, because being black drugstore eyeshadows (well the cheaper ones lol) do not tend to come out very pigmented on my skin, so when the colours came out bright and not patchy that went straight into my shopping basket :) So I would suggest to anyone that has access to Sleek to go buy this palette.

I give this palette 5 out of 5.

So next up is the Acid palette...

xxx

*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment