Tuesday 22 February 2011

Sleek Palette Review - Good Girl, Bad Girl and NEW Primer palette

Finally, after I don't know how many months I am finally blogging about the limited edition Sleek Good Girl and Bad Girl palettes that came out last year. Again I cant begin to apologise on the fail that is my blogposts, college work has been kicking my ass and soaking up all my free time, which meant i had to put my blog on the back burner. Along side these palettes I am also reviewing the new Primer palette I purchased on Saturday from Superdrug.
Good Girl:

When I first saw this palette I was like, meh these wont work on my skin tone, but when I swatched them I was proven very wrong. They are gorgeous, the colours range from pink to coral to a red wine kind of colour. It is so lovely and I'm so pleased that I got this. This and the Bad girl palette were a birthday present from my sister. Like all Sleek palettes the colours are very pigmented and vibrant and apply soooooo nicely. So if you love pinks, or wanna be a human barbie doll this is the palette for you :D

I give this palette a 5 out of 5





Colours: Top left to right: Lychee, Meringue, Candy Floss, Lollipop, Pink Punch, CupcakeBottom left to right: Strawberry Sorbet, Pink Grapefruit, Peach Melba, Papaya, Raspberry Coulis, Morello

Bad Girl:

If you are looking to create dark or smokey/smoky eyes this palette is right up your street. It has wonderfully dark colours, and will definitely bring out the bad girl in you hahaha (sorry I had to haha). Again this palette is gorgeous, colours are very pigmented and apply well and I'm glad my sister got me these (at my request for my birthday). The only thing I would complain about is that the colour Obnoxious is a bit crumbly and even after tapping away the excess still has quite a bit of fall down :( but its still so pretty on the eyes. This palette is still available for purchase.

From the website:

"I Divine is a highly pigmented, soft touch eye shadow palette that possesses 12 pearlescent or matte shades. The pearlescent shades possess a large amount of mica and reflect the light giving a shimmering effect to the eye. The colour viewed in the palette is the colour that will be applied to the eye, as the payoff is excellent and the formulation is long lasting.

Bad girl contains strong and deep shades which allow one to uncover their hidden fantasies. This palette can be extreme, powerful, confident as well as sensual. "

I give this palette a 4 out of 5




Colours:
Top left to right: Innocence, Gullible, Blade, Gun Metal, Underground, NoirBottom left to right: Intoxicated, Envy, Obnoxious, Abyss, Twilight, Rebel

Primer:

I bought this palette last Saturday and I haven't had time to really play around with it, but while swatching it I found that I really like these, and feel like these are going to come in handy as primers. But as a first impression I like them, they are sooooo creamy :) You can purchase this palette here.
From the website:
"A palette of 12 coloured eye primers perfectly designed to use with all Sleek MakeUP i-DIVINE Palettes. Long-lasting and specially designed to breath a new lease of life into your eyeshadows."



So sleek seems to be naming their products now and the slide in little plastic thing that sits on the eyeshadows with the names on was incorrectly printed so I don't know if it was just my palette or a botched batch (say that two times fast hahah) so I kinda guessed which name actually went with which colour.


Colours:
Top left to right: Moonshine, Calypso, Ultra Violet, Dare Devil, Pink Frost, Silver LiningBottom left to right: Noir, Money Honey, Money Tree, Truffle, Hot Wired, Peach

This palette cost £6.99

and for first impression I give it a 4 out of 5.

If after using this consistently my mind changes I will let you know, But I'm am slowly dwindling, not even sure if this post makes sense, but I'm just too tired so yeah. I am gonna go and fall into a deep sleep my lovelies :D

I hope you enjoyed this post. I shall be back tomorrow with a post on the skincare products I purchased and some new skincare finds :) Until then ta ta.

Nighty night.

xxx


*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment