Monday 28 November 2011

Birthday (sort of) Haul

 Helloooo,

Ok so my birthday was like 3 weeks ago and I completely forgot to upload the gifts I got and what I bought myself with my birthday money :)


Some stuff was interesting, some was less interesting...but never the less I'm gonna show you. So lets get started...

First up are the bits I brought with my birthday money.

Superdrug had a lot of Simple Skincare items going for £2 each so I thought hey might as well take advantage of this offer. So I got my cleanser, toner, eye make up remover and face wipes. And I love how all the Simple products now come with a flick lid instead of a screw top because its so much easier when I'm sat on my bed doing my routine, now I don't have to keep closing and opening lids and just making the process really long.

And the other two items in the picture are Dove Go Fresh roll on deodorants I love these bad boys haha and they were on offer at 99p each :) The yellow one is - Grapefruit and lemongrass and the blue one is - Waterlily and fresh mint.

 

Superdrug were also doing a 3 for 2 on all cosmetics. So I got 3 Gosh Nail Lacquers. 1 ordinary and 2 of their cracked ones. And then I got 3 Barry M nail paints. 



GOSH NAIL LACQUERS

GOSH nail lacquer - BLUE BALLOON - £4.99
This polish is very opaque and this is just after one coat :) This is a nice colour, I have quite a few blue nail polishes but nothing like this blue. Its coming alot brighter in the picture because of the flash

GOSH CRACKED nail lacquer - PINK - £5.49
I already had the Pink Barry M crackle nail paint but it randomly dried and went really hard after like 2 uses. I was NOT IMPRESSED. So I brought this one as a replacement.

GOSH CRACKED nail lacquer - SILVER - £5.49
Its nice but it looks more shimmery/glittery in the bottle than it does on the nails. It tends to look more matte but its better once you apply a top coat.

As good quality as these polishes are I don't think they're worth £5.49 especially when you can get the Barry M crackle paints for £3.99, the only one I probably would suggest is the Silver one because BarryM doesn't have that colour. They also don't have a huge range of colours. I'm hoping they come out with more colours and that the price goes down cos I do like this polishes but like I said i do not like the price tag.

BarryM NAIL PAINTS

All the polishes I used only one coat to get the opaque finish. Whenever I find a polishes like this it makes me a very happy girl. I like having products worth their price.

Nail paint - Spring Green £2.99

  319 FOIL - Silver - £3.99
When I first heard about the new nail effects polishes from Barry M I was like hmmmm these look interesting. But every time I would go into Superdrug I was broke so I couldn't pick them up. So when I saw that they had the 3 for 2 deal I was like, I'm getting these.

319 FOIL - Gold - £3.99

Dirty Dancing - £3
This has been one of my favourite films since I was young. I always wanted to go on vacation and find my own Johnny Castle haha. It NEVER happened lol.

Other stuff I got but didn't bother to take pictures of was:
  • Socks from Primark - I think I got one double pack and then 2 knee length pairs. Really nice and snuggly just in time for winter. I don't know if anyone saw on my twitter but I like LIVE for Primark socks, they are really good quality and so cheap :)
  • And I got a double pack of black gloves. Cos its getting really cold and my fingertips need warmth.
All the stuff I got from Primark came to £6
Gifts from my besties

So both my besties brought me presents, which I wasn't expecting and pleasantly surprised by :) And my family gave me money (its like the only thing I ever ask for, for my birthdays anymore haha)


So the two gifts at the front are phallic shaped candies from Ann Summers (which Im not sure if I can have this picture up but hey lol *fingers crossed*) and a Superdrug gift card (which I'm excited to spend :D). Those were from my little poppet Leanne :) and behind those gifts is a Hugo Boss perfume from my home skillet biscuit Kimmy (if you ever watched That's So Raven the nickname would make sense haha)

Close up of the perfume.

HUGO BOSS Orange perfume it comes with a little hand moisturiser that smells like the perfume (obvi haha)


I LOVE the unique shape of this bottle which hasn't come up very well in the picture. it looks like its made out of gemstones. And the smell of this perfume is just utterly GORGEOUS!


That's it. I was quite happy with what I got for my birthday, not the most exciting but who cares :)

S xxxx

*most products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment