Thursday 30 December 2010

Holiday Traditions Tag!

1. Favorite holiday destination?

My favourite holiday destination would be Jamaica :) I spent 2 Christmases there and it was amazing, obviously living in England I wasn't so used to to having a hot Christmas the first time round. It was one of the best Christmases I've had, making the rounds to my dad's relatives :) not knowing that it would be rude not eating a bit of food per house visited, I never felt so full and sick at the same time haha.


2. Any family traditions?

We don't really have traditions in my house because my parents don't celebrate Christmas :( but me and my sisters make sure we put up the tree and decorations :) I've always said one day my kids and husband will hate me because I'm going to make my home into my own personal Winter Wonderland lol, with all the trimmings :)


3. Favorite ornament of decoration?

When I was in primary school, probably year 4 we made these Christmas biscuit ornaments out of pastry/dough that we cooked in the oven and then painted. I always wanted to eat them but obviously didn't because it was like this salty dough with this special ingredient to stop them going loudly and also the fact that they had paint on them hahaha. I had a Christmas tree, Santa, and some other randoms that I cant remember (I think one of them may have actually been an egg hahaha). They were my favourite ornaments, cos of the personal touch. I don't have them anymore because they all broke, being pastry/biscuits things and all they were very fragile :(


4. What are you doing for the holidays?

Erm noting much, just the usual seeing friends, hanging out with the family, eating myself into a stupor hahah watching loads of movies, waking up whenever I like and consuming my weight in junk food hahaha.


5. Are you a late or early Christmas shopper?

I am a very early shopper :)


6. Who usually cooks holiday dinners?

My mum and older sister cook, while I do menial chores and sit in front of the TV. But the one thing that I do every year that I see is my contribution is set the Christmas dinner table. I take this very seriously lol I mean I can take upto 30-40 mins to set the table for 5 people. And it has to be done exactly the way I want it and if someone touches it and messes it up I get well annoyed haha.


7. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?

No, but we have had them come to the house once, that's not really a big thing where I live.


8. Do you live where it snows?

Unfortunately yes :( don't get me wrong I love the snow, when I am in the comfort of my own home, not when I'm having to travel places, risking my life in the ice and snow. And for the last 2 years the snow has come quite badly and extreme and has really affected day to day life. But thankfully its all gone now :D


9. One thing that makes you happiest at Christmas?

Being with my family, that is the main thing I look forward to at Christmas, then all the food ahaha :D


10. What do you want most for Christmas?

I wanted Desperate Housewives the complete collection so far , but I didn't get it but I did get tonnes and tonnes of DVDs so I was a very happy girl :D

No comments:

Post a Comment