Sunday 5 December 2010

Superdrug mini haul and nails of the day

So I went shopping on Tuesday and Superdrug are having a 3 for 2 mix and match deal going on, so I took advantage of that and picked up 3 items in the store. I got the NEW LIMITED EDITION Sparkle palette, Barry M Instant nail effect and a Sleek blusher in #935 Flushed. After popping into Superdrug I went into boots and picked up a Sally Hansen nail polish.


Continue below for some pics of the stuff I bought.

Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base Coat
Cost - £4.49


Without flash

With flash

Top row - Cranberry, Dream Maker, Galactic, Twinkle, Star Light, Noir
Bottom row - Illusion, Festive, Mistletoe, Glitz & Glamour, Gold Ribbon, Tinsel
With flash

Without flash

Sleek Limited Edition Sparkle palette - When I opened this palette I could not believe how sparkly the shadows were. I love the packaging it comes in, so christmasy :) I very much love the fact that the Limited edition shadows are getting names now (I hope they keep it up), I really disliked the fact that they never had them before, I like to be able to refer to a shadow with its name and not just a number or no name at all.

The shimmer in the shadows goes all the way through and not just on top. I think this is now my favourite palette out of all my sleek make up.
Cost - £5.99


This has made my hand look extra large, like its swollen or something :-S

Sleek Blush - #935 Flushed - A gorgeous deep rose colour, I love it. It blends so well into the skin. Definitely a good purchase :)
Cost - £3.99

Barry M Instant Nail Effects - always use a base coat, do not try and put this straight onto the nail (my sister learnt that the hard way hahah). I actually am not in love with this product, from pictures I had seen I thought that I would fall in love, but I found that when using it on non Barry M nail paints it didn't come out very well. Maybe I didn't wait long enough before applying the BMINE* over my other nail polish but I will try again and then update you guys :)
Cost - £2.99 (got this one free on the deal.)


Nails of the day:




On my nails -
  • Sally Hansen Double duty base and top coat
  • Barry M Ice cream range nail paints and Mint green nail paint (see reveiw here)
  • Barry M Instant nail effects

So after painting my nails for the Barry M nail paint review I thought why not keep my nails like this so, I re-did it and then did the rest of my nails, using the BMINE nail paint. I liked how it came out over the BMNP** but as I said above it didn't work so great on non BMNP.

Hope you guys enjoyed this post :)
xxxx

*Barry M Instant Nail Effect
**Barry M Nail Paint

*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment