Monday 17 March 2014

Make up Monday: Katy Perry Dark Horse (look 1)

Hey guys and dolls,




I fell in love with the song 'Dark Horse' from the moment I heard it and was so excited when Katy Perry released the video for it. As you could imagine the moment I watched the video my MUA antennas went up and I just had to recreate the looks. 

So here is my take on one of the looks from the video. 
 

 
 From the above image of KP you can see the little Egyptian flare under her eye, I thought this would be super simple to do. I dunno what happened but it took me ages to get it just how I wanted it. By the time I was done the sun had started to go down and I lost my natural daylight. Hence me having to settle for the light in my house and my camera flash.

 
 All the products used.

I'm gonna talk you through how I achieved the look.
 BASE/LIPS:
On my skin I used MAC Powder in NW45 (hence the terrible flashback and ghostly skin). For my cheeks I used Avon's blush in Russett.
 
 I don't usually fill in my brows cos I'm quite content with them, but KP's brows were quite strong. I used a brown eyebrow pencil from Sleek.

For my lips I used a random purple lip liner and filled in my lips with it. Then I used Avon Extra Lasting Lipstick in Pink Perfection.


EYES:

To start the look I plotted the outline of the eyeliner, the focal point of the look. To do that I used MAC fluidline in Blacktrack and Avon Always On Point eyeliner.
So that the eyeshadow was as vibrant as possible I used the white shade from the sleek primer palette as a base.

On the inner third of the eye I used Golden Silvers e/s from the PPQ palette.
In the centre I used Tequila Sunrise e/s from the Snapshots palette.
And on the outer third I used Purple Haze from the Snapshots palette and on top I used the Glittery purple from the Circus palette.

For the highlighter I used a mix of Martini and Washed Ashore from the Snapshots palette.

To line my waterline I used Supershock gel pencil from Avon. And for Mascara I used Rimmel Scandaleyes and Irresistibly sexy mascara from Avon.

I am not a fan of false lashes nor did I have any in my make up arsenal, scandal I know haha. But these would definitely bump up the look for sure.

Hope you enjoyed this. I'm definitely gonna be posting more looks up on my blog. And keep an eye out for the second look from the KP video.



Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*), everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment