Monday 24 March 2014

Make up Monday: Katy Perry Dark Horse (look 2)

Hey guys and dolls,


Here is the second look inspired by Katy Perry's Dark Horse music video. I loved the whole Egyptian theme throughout the video, and the make up looks were just gorgeous. This has to be my favourite out of the 2 looks I've done. You can see the first look I did here.


 Products used

 I was smart this time and made sure I did the makeup look earlier in the day so I had better lighting to take the pictures in :)

Here is how I achieved this look.
 
 BASE/LIPS:
 
On my skin I used MAC Powder in NW45. For my cheeks I used Avon's blush in Russett.
 
  Katy's brows were very strong in this video. And for someone who doesn't fill in their  brows I actually liked how they came out. I used a brown eyebrow pencil from Sleek.

For my lips, to get the nude lip suitable for my skin tone I did the following. I lightly lined them with Avon glimmerstick liner in Perfect plum. I used Sleek's pout polish in Pride as a base and then topped it off with Avon's Supershock lipgloss in Melon Madness.

EYES:


To start the look I did the same as I did in look 1, plotted the outline of the eyeliner. To do that I used MAC fluidline in Blacktrack and Avon Always On Point eyeliner.

As a base to make the eyesahdow show up well I used my avon primer.

In the crease I used the darkest shade from the goddess palette and blended it out.

On the inner corner I used Golden Silvers e/s from the PPQ palette. To make it stand out more and be more glittery I used a random liquid glitter liner on top.

On the lid I used a mix of Iguana from the Snapshot palette and Piccadilly Circus from the Glory palettte.

For the highlighter I used Tube from the Glory palette.
 
  Is my rogue eyelash bothering anyone else?

To line my waterline I used Supershock gel pencil from Avon. And for Mascara I used Rimmel Scandaleyes and Irresistibly sexy mascara from Avon.

Again I am not a fan of false lashes nor did I have any to hand. But these would definitely make the eyes pop more.

FULL FACE:

I loved doing this look. I haven't done something fun like the KP looks in a long time.
And I will defo be continuing to upload looks on here in the future.
 
I hope you all enjoyed my take on the Katy Perry inspired looks.

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*), everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment