Thursday 22 May 2014

MAKEUP: Carnival

Hey guys and dolls,

A few weeks I posted a very colourful make up look on Instagram. I thought I'd do a run through of what I did and the products I used.




All the products

I was hit with the creativity bug. I felt like doing something fun and bright. I went digging through my kit and found some feathers and gems and this is what I came up with.

BASE 


For the base I used MAC Studio fix fluid foundation NC45 and Vichy DERMABLEND Setting powderFor the cheeks I used Sleek Blush By 3 Pink Sprint palette - Pink Parfait.

EYES

Eyeshadow:
To start I used Avon's eye primer. I applied the red shade (#50) from the Inglot palette in the crease. For the inner part of the lid I used a golden yellow e/s from the sunset palette. It acted as a base for the bright yellow shade (#60) from the Inglot palette. In the middle of the eye I applied an orange e/s from the sunset palette. And in the outer corner I used the darker purple shade (#491) from the Inglot palette.
For the under the eye I used the forest green shade (#418) and the aqua blue shade (#70).

I used shade #30 for the tear duct and brow highlight.

I lined my upper lashline with MAC blacktrack fluid line. On the waterline I used Avon supershock gel liner. For the lashes I used a mixture of The Body Shop big and curvy mascara and Avon Aero volume mascara. I will be talking about these mascaras soon, so keep a look out.

 I usually go for a very natural highlight, this is way out of my comfort zone.

LIPS


I lined my lips with Boots lip liner in Valentine. Then applied Avon Supershock lipgloss in Pink indulgence.


 
To finish the look I applied some false lashes from Kryolan. Then for the pièce de résistance, I applied the feathers and gems to my face. 
To make the feather piece I got a whole bunch of different coloured feathers 
and stuck them together with DUO.

 If anyone attempts this I'd love to see it, so make sure to link me to it.
 Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment