Saturday 11 August 2012

MUA Pearl eyeshadows

Hey dolls,

Shade 9                          Shade 24

I took a little jaunt into Superdrug and picked up 3 items from MUA (Make up academy). I had the 2 eyeshadows above and a lipgloss. The lipgloss cannot be blogged about because when I opened it the doe foot applicator was missing. I was so bummed cos I really wanted the shade I picked up :(


MUA is very popular mainly due to the fact that most of their products are £1 and the quality isn't terrible. I remember back in the day if you bought eyeshadow for a £1 the quality would be AWFUL. But MUA is the opposite, the pigmentation of the eyesdahows is very good.



The purple shadow which is coming up more blue is apparently a dupe for MACs Stars 'n rockets and the bronze shade is a dupe for MAC's Sable.
Swatches:


Comparison Swatches:

Now I swatched the eyeshdaows to see if there really was a comparison.

L-R: MAC Sable, MUA shade 24, MAC Stars 'n rockets, MUA shade 9

Now I don't think these are that similar at all. Sable and 24 are both pearl bronze shades but 24 is just that little bit more pink. They look the same in pan form but when you swatch them the pink of 24 really comes through.

Stars 'n rockets and 9 are both purple shades with blue iridescence. But stars 'n rockets is more of a pinky purple with light blue iridescence and 9 is more of a deeper purple with heavier blue iridescence.

S  xxxx

*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment