Tuesday 3 September 2013

August Favourites 2013

Hey dolls,


Back again with another post on my favourites of the month. I'm actually getting this one up relatively on time.


There isn't much make up in my favourites this month. But there were 2 things that I have really been liking and thought bared mentioning.

MAKE UP

Avon Eye shadow primer - light beige
I love this primer, its a really good base for eyeshadow.

 Avon Supershock gel liner - Shimmering Sapphire
I've been loving adding a pop of colour to my everyday smokey eye.

SKIN CARE

 Skin So Soft Body Butter - Original
I posted about this last week and I LOVE this body butter. I got 3 of these and I'm already onto the second one.

Planet Spa - Mediterranean Olive Oil with Orange Flower body scrub
This is a really great body scrub. It smells like bubblegum and isn't abrasive on the skin. As a sufferer of dry skin I do a boy scrub regularly and I have noticed a difference in my skin.

Nuxe Rêve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream*

REPAIRS, NOURISHES AND PROTECTS
 
I've been using this hand cream a lot recently and I love it. Although I'm using a lot I'm using it sparingly because I don't want it to run out too quickly. But luckily you don't need too much.

Crème Fraîche de Beauté Normal sensitive skins*

QUENCHES, SOFTENS
My Garnier moisture match ran out and I decide to use this instead of purchasing another one. It's such a good moisturiser but the only thing I don't like is the smell. Its a bit overwhelming.
 
Nivea Double Effect Eye Make-Up remover
This is such a good eye make up remover. I used to avoid oil based removers but this gets my make up of in pretty much one swoop. It's taken the place of my Simple eye make up remover for the foreseeable future.

NAILS

Pastel nail polish
I've been all about pastel nail polishes this month, dunno if it's because of the weather and I wanted to feel all summery.

HAIR
I always used to take how strong my hair was for granted, but recently my hair has become less resilient and it started to break. So for that reason I've been going balls to the wall to take extra care of it. For example its been really dry so I haven't been using heat on it, letting it air dry and not using hair straighteners.

Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer - intensive treatment
I've been rocking my 'fro and using this on my scalp and ends of my hair. It's also like a curl activator and keeps my 'fro extra curly.

TRESemme Naturals shampoo and conditioner
This is to aid my hair getting back to its normal healthy state. I'm all about using the least chemicals in my hair.

"You don’t have to sacrifice beautiful style when choosing a natural hair care line. Formulated with organic ingredients: aloe vera, sweet orange, and avocado. These products with naturally derived polymers will leave your hair healthier, shinier, stronger, and looking naturally gorgeous." -TRESemme website

RANDOM

I love this bear, he is super soft and so cute. His name is Barney. 
I think I bought him maybe a month or two ago from Avon. I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I love cuddly toys and bears, I have quite a collection that I've had since I was a child, and just kept adding to as I grew up. But if I see a cute soft bear I will most likely pick it up and buy it.

What were some of your favourite things in August?
Sonya 

Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterix (*), everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment