Monday 23 June 2014

EVENT: Paul and Joe

Hey guys and dolls,


Last week I got to go and check out some products from Parisian make up brand Paul and Joe. I’d never heard of this make up brand before. But that’s no surprise there, because I tend to stick to specific brands. As you may have come to know if you've read my blog for a while that I don’t change up things very often. But unbeknownst to me after doing my research, I had seen some of their products via other bloggers. In particular the lipstick with the kitten head.

They had some lovely food and drink as we walked in, but I had been to the dentist earlier that day and had a very sore and partially numb mouth. So all I could stomach was some orange juice.

A quick note to add before I get on with the post. I didn’t use my usual camera to take the pics inside the event. The reason for that I cracked my phone screen just before going inside and had to borrow my best friends phone to take my pics.  I was so distraught, still haven’t recovered lol.

So for the evening’s events we were invited to watch a makeup demo by International makeup artist Craig Ryan-French (CRF). CRF is the artistic director and make up artist for Paul and Joe. Professional, funny and energetic. Those are the 3 words I would use to describe, CRF.


While CRF was doing the demo, he talked us through his career and how he got into the industry. I’ve witnessed make up demos before and some MUAs can come off quite snooty, but he was very engaging and super lovely. I can’t speak highly enough of him, and I’d only spent an hour and a half with him. I give him huge props too, because he was very jet lagged but he never let his energy falter.

 Setup area for the demo

He gave us some cool tip and tricks such as, the best way to highlight and contour, the perfect eyebrows, how not to unintentionally age your models and long lasting makeup etc. He told us about some of the Paul and Joe products he uses when he’s on set. Lucky man gets to make up Julie Benz (Darla from Buffy and Angel), I was so jealous when he told us.  He showed us some photos of his work from the TV show he was working on with Julie called Defiance. I hate horror movies but CRF also did the make up for the SAW movies, which is pretty cool.


During the demo they were passing around P&J products and I ended up with a very glittery messy hand at the end.  After the demo we got to check out some more of their summer products that they had laid out.


They have a great variety of nail polish colours.


 These are from the 2014 summer collection - Ice Cream Parlour. They smell so good.





I will be doing a post on the products that I got to try so keep an eye out for that.

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment