Sunday 29 June 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONYA LOVES MAKEUP!

Source: Google Images
WOW! My blog turned 4 yesterday. It doesn't feel like it's been that long.

My blog was something that I started randomly. My friend Stevie (one half of the velvet epidemic) was actually the reason I started blogging. I'd wanted to start a blog for a while, but just never did it. Stevie had started up a blog of her own and gave me the confidence to go for it. So this blog started as a place for me to share my passion for make up. It has since become somewhere for me to share a whole lot more. It's a very big part of my life that I love very much.


My blog was something I did sporadically and did as and when I felt like it. It was just supposed to be a side project alongside a college course I was doing. But that never really manifested. Instead I started reading more and more blogs and got very inspired. Despite the many hiccups and hiatus' over the last 4 years, I am on a good path now.

I still feel like quite the noob in the blogging world, because even though I have had it for 4 years I've only in the last year and a half been really active and up until last year had never attended a blogger event. I've also gotten to meet some really cool people. Like I said there were times where I took hiatus' and breaks but that's part of life unfortunately. My goal for this year was to try to stick to a schedule and post at least 3 times a week. I'm someone that works really well with structure, so having that goal/plan in mind helped a lot.

Cartoon Birthday Cake Pics Balloons Screensaver Fireplace Wallpaper

Source: Google Images

For a little while I got really down on myself and my blog. I wasn't really getting much traffic or interaction. I put a lot of pressure on myself to be perfect, which was making blogging no fun. This was supposed to be my little space on the internet for me to have fun, and I started to lose sight of that. So I gave myself a kick up the butt and made it fun again. I've always said if I'd based my success of my blog based on the number of followers I had I would have quit a long time ago. Luckily for me it's something I love doing regardless of the number of followers/traffic.

Blogging has helped me become more confident. When I first started I posted 1 full length photo of me, and I rarely posted pics of my face. But now I am very happy to post OOTDS and make up looks I do in my spare time. I'm still working on my make up series that I mentioned a millennium ago haha. There are still things that I am working on. I am constantly learning and trying to improve, which is what we should all strive to do. To fully hone your craft you never stop learning and trying to better yourself.

So if you haven't already please feel free to join the world of Sonya Loves Makeup. There are links to my social media below and to the right. >>>>

Thank you so much for reading :)

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment