Thursday 5 June 2014

SKINCARE: La Roche-Posay Anthelios Sun Care

Hey guys and dolls,

ANTHELIOS
As the weather is heating up (sort of) we need to make sure we protect our skin. I am gonna be honest, I don't tend to wear SPF unless it's already in my make up or skin care. I think the last time I went out of my way to wear sun care was when I went to Egypt in 2011.

Sun protection is super important. If you don't use sun care you are at risk of the following:
Deterioration of the skin, including premature ageing and loss of elasticity
Rashes, itchiness and dryness
Damage to the eyes
Sunburn
Skin cancer

Did you know that 80% of premature ageing is due to exposure to UVA or UVB rays from the sun?

Ok more honesty time. I had never heard of Anthelios before *gasp*. But from the talk I had at the event I was very intrigued and couldn't wait to try their products.

Anthelios is tailored to suit specific skin types. Which I think is pretty cool. As sometimes certain brands would just churn out general sun protector, not considering skin types/needs.
Ultra light texture  - for combination skin. Bare skin effect. Non oily finish. Invisible. 
Mattifying - for oily blemish prone skin. Instantly absorbed. Ultra dry finish. No white marks.
Comfort - for normal to dry skin. Anti eye stinging. Extreme comfort. No white marks.

The Anthelios range provides high UVA-UVB protection. Here are some key points about the range:
Suitable for sensitive skin
Water resistant
High SPF
Fragrance free and paraben free

Here are my thoughts on the products I got to try.

I LOVE this oil. It's like those dry oil sprays, but its' not drying on the skin. It actually leaves my skin feeling quite good. Plus it's leaves this really nice sheen, so I look all glowy and healthy. The smell is a bit chemist like but not overpowering. This product is suitable for the face and body. I'm all about products I can use all over the body. 

Unfortunately I did not get on well with this cream, which really surprised me. When it applied to the skin it felt quite drying, and left me with a white mask. Although the cream claims to leave no white marks and melt into the skin. When I tried to remove it, it started to roll up on the skin like exfoliated dead skin. After that I'd noticed that I came up in these little white pimples. It also smells a bit too much like chemicals. It's a shame really because of how much I love the oil.

Other products available in the range:
Cream compact
Sun care for kids
Lip protection
After sun care
Self tan

For more information check out the La Roche-Posay website.

What are your thoughts on the Anthelios range?

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment